2.7.1Process safety management
A Process Safety Management (PSM) framework and program based on an industry standard1 2 is in place, which when applied throughout the product lifecycle, has the potential to reduce the risk of major accidents.
Theframework consists of a set of risk-based priority activities and practices that are being embedded in the Company’s and the Group Technical Standards (GTS), which have been aligned with the improvement activities.
All Loss of Primary Containment (LOPC) events occurring offshore are reported to the relevant parties within the organization and analyzed to identify appropriate treatment measures. SBM Offshore follows 456 and 754 standards for classification. The annual statistics are compared to previous years and benchmarked against averages.
- Successful deployment of Process Safety Fundamentals (PSFs)2 fleetwide.
- Implementation of internal Process Safety Leading 's across our operating assets, with better than target performance achieved.
- The number of Tier 1 Process Safety Events (PSE) was higher than our target primarily due to cargo tank vent dispersion issues on one of our assets which has now been resolved.
- Our recorded number of Tier 2 s was 5, which was better than our target of 6.
- A total of 344 process related events were recorded, of which 181 were of 754 classified materials.
The following objectives have been set for 2019:
- Targets are set to reduce the number of Tier 1 and 2 1 or better, and Tier 2 performance to be 3 or better. s compared to 2018 i.e Tier 1 performance to be
- Continue implementation of the framework throughout our business processes.